While a picture may be worth a thousand words, a moving picture WITH words, is worth…well, maybe ten thousand words. With today’s shopper/client/prospective customer so busy, what business owner wouldn’t want to take advantage of this medium?
We are the first to admit that in the past, digital signage has been abused. Loud, obnoxious, intrusive, disruptive and annoying are just a few of the words used to describe many of the past and even current programs out there. The team at Freshwater prides itself at putting ourselves in the place of the customer in everything we do. We are consumers too, so when designing a new project, we ask ourselves questions like:
• What will ad value to our experience?
• What information would we want?
• Where would we accept or use a screen vs. it being annoying?
Only after these questions do we determine the needs of the operator, because if the customer isn’t going to use the sign, or worse yet, be turned off by its mere presence, it shouldn’t be installed. The next step will be to determine the goal of the operator:
And then understand the dynamics of the space:
• Welcome (as they enter establishment or department)
• Educate about a specific product or service (at point of purchase)
• Reduce perceived wait time (while waiting for service or checking out)
• Encourage cross shopping (to a different department or service)
Digital signage can be a very powerful and effective tool for most any business. Let Freshwater help you avoid the mistakes of the past that could cost you both customers and money.
Contact us today!